Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the MBAN and MMAI classes held in the Lab?
MBAN and MMAI classes and the Lab are in the same building, and the Lab and its technology will be available for project work.
- Can anyone apply to the MBAN and MMAI programs?
To learn more about the MBAN and MMAI programs and what you need to do to apply, click below.
- How does the Lab help my development as a business analytics AND AI professional?
The Lab and the Consulting Project provides you hands-on experiential learning. As you progress through your assigned project, you will get real-world consulting experience, including building client relationships through engagement life cycle management. You will also work with the client to extract, transform and load your project’s data onto our platform, digging deep to find actionable insights that can make a tangible impact on your client’s business processes or strategy, giving you real analytics experience that prospective employers value.
- How will prospective employers recognize and value my experiences in the Lab?
The first of its kind in Canada, the Consulting Project at the Lab gives you real-world experience in producing real value from big data. You walk out of it with your MBAN or MMAI degree and an actual use case from a globally recognized brand.
- How is the Lab platform similar to the platforms I will use in my post-program career?
Our Lab is powered by cutting-edge commercial technologies and platforms as well as open source technologies. It mirrors many of the same technologies used in industry, allowing you to hit the ground running when you launch your career in the analytics and artificial intelligence fields.
- How do I submit a project to the program?
We're always looking for great projects to work on. To start the conversation about having your company's data worked on within the Consulting Project, please complete the form available below.
- What if we want to join the program, but don’t want our case study results made public?
We understand that revealing proprietary information – and also the innovative insights delivered at the end of the project – could impact your competitive advantage, so we are happy to discuss this on a case by case basis.
- What if we want to join the program, but we don’t want to load our data to the School’s platform?
The Consulting Project is the capstone of the MBAN and MMAI programs. The project enables students to demonstrate progress using the platform’s technologies that support the school’s curriculum. We will evaluate each client on a case by case basis to assess whether curriculum objectives can be achieved if client database servers and technology solutions are used.
- How much of a commitment is this partnership?
The Consulting Project is eight months from start to finish, from initial submission to final insights delivery. We require organizations to work with students on a weekly basis. There should be at least one subject matter expert from each organization committed to working with the student group assigned to the project.
- Can I stay connected with and hire students post completion of the project?
Yes, one of the benefits of the project is working alongside tomorrow’s analytics leaders and evaluating if they are the right fit for your organization. For more information on hiring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I become a client sponsor if I am based outside of the Toronto area?
Yes, we welcome project submissions from across Canada and beyond. Some interactions with your student analytics consulting team are best done in person, so some travel would likely be required.